The Music Club of Baton Rouge invites LSU School of Music students to audition for scholarship awards of $1,000 to $1,500.
Auditions are open to undergraduate and graduate music majors students, vocalists and instrumentalists.
Sign-up for audition times in the School of Music Main Office which is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Each scholarships has a deadline to sign up for an audition, and repertoire requirements as listed here:
Earl W. Redding Scholarship in Musical Theater
Eligibility: Open to sophomore thru graduate master’s degree level.
Vocalists must prepare three songs, including one from the standard classical repertoire, in a foreign language; a second selected by the student; and a third chosen by the judges.
Mrs. W. Carruth Jones Scholarship
Eligibility: Open to sophomore and junior pianists, and junior string players. The student must prepare three works representing three different periods. Judges will select one of the pieces.
Eligibility: Open to juniors only.
Open to juniors only. Applicant will prepare three pieces representing three different periods. Judges will select one of the pieces.
Marshall Peery Vocal Scholarship
Eligibility: Open to juniors only. Singers must prepare three pieces: at least one in a foreign language; another chosen by the student, and a third chosen by the judges.
Things to know when preparing for Music Club of Baton Rouge Scholarship audition:
1. Vocalists are allotted 10 minutes to audition, instrumentalists have 20 minutes.
2. Three copies of the list of repertoire to be performed MUST be provided. The full sheet music isn’t needed, just the names of the pieces. DO NOT place you name on the sheet
3. Each winner agrees to perform a 12 to 15 minute program during the Music Club’s Recital Program on April 14, 2014. A list of works to be performed at that time must be submitted by May 2 to be included in the Music Club’s yearbook.
4. The award is disbursed during the following school year, with half paid at the beginning of the fall semester, and the other half at the start of the spring semester, after school enrollment is verified.
5. Audition sign-up sheets are in the School of Music Office at the front desk. Be sure to leave name and contact information, and pick up a reminder card to remember when your audition is scheduled.
Sign up at the School of Music front desk.
or contact, Ellen Bordelon, Scholarship Chairman of the Music Club of Baton Rouge
firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-571-8890